Your SoundCard, the one you are using now, has a build in DSP chip. Using this chip we can receive and transmit packets in ,almost, any baudrate.
For the moment AGW Packet Engine supports 300b, 1200b and 9600b.
Tuning Win7 Drivers for maximum sensitivity
- Right click on task bar speaker icon and select "Recording Devices".
- Select the Soundcard you use for Packet. I select "Behringer".
- Press [Properties].
- Select the "Advanced" Tab and open the Format List box.
- Now select '2 channel 16bit 44.100'.
- Do the same for transmitting.
- Right click on task bar speaker icon and select "Playback Devices".
- Now the windows driver will not make conversions. If the Quality was 11.025 and you have 1200b VHF modem then Windows will convert internally the 11.025 to 44.100 and as you can understand this will affect the quality of the sampling.