It is a special Windows utility for amateur radio packet users that interfaces multiple packet programs and multiple TNCs (Terminal Node Controllers) / modems. You can use any SoundCard as Dual Port TNC for Packet.
- lets one TNC be used by more than one packet program
- lets one packet program use more than one TNC
- lets your sound card be used as a physical TNC or modem -- no need to buy a TNC
Key features of Packet Engine Pro
An easy-to-use visual interface including:
- A 'Radio Port Manager' to quickly see and adjust settings for your TNC or sound card
- Numerous 'Views' to quickly see Radio port status; Connected packet stations; Connected programs;and 'Heard' stations.
- A TNC/Sound Card setup 'Wizard' to simplify radio port configurations, including "auto detect and set" of serial ports and sound cards.
- Compatibility with most TNCs and packet modems, both external and internal
- Provision for auto control of TNC settings such as MaxFrame, Retries, SlotTime/Persist.
- access to Packet Engine Pro over the internet or a local area network.
Sound Card modem features that include:
- "On Air" baud rates of 300, 1200, 2400, and 9600.
- 300 baud HF modem compatibility for both KAM (1600/1800 pair tones) and PK-232 (2110/2310 pair tone).
- a Sound Card Tuning Aid with Sine Wave, Waterfall, Eye Scatter, and Frequency Spectrum displays.
- provision for using multiple sound cards (lets you add 2nd card for packet while 1st card works with non-packet programs).
- provision for connecting 2 radios to each sound card.
- PTT (transmit) control by either serial port or printer port.
- an improved Sound Card DSP modem that 'hears' even better than AGWPE.
- a sound card timing 'Equalization' feature to let you tune your particular Sound Card for even better performance.
- input and output volume control from within the program.
- Auto loading of packet applications after Packet Engine Pro starts
- An 'auto update' feature that checks for and installs program updates